Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Copycat Attempt)

As I mentioned over on my Instagram, I was attempting to copycat the cookies made by High Key. A request from another keto friend that I am sure you all know - Megan. Problem? I have never tried these cookies. From what I had seen and the ingredients listed on the package, it looks like they may be a keto version of a crunchy mini cookie along the lines of Keebler or Famous Amos. That is what I set out to make.

That being said, I am really quite impressed with the first trial of this recipe. I am sharing the exact ingredients I used since that is the only way I have tried this recipe so far, but feel free to experiment and let me know how it goes.

INGREDIENTS

  • ½ Cup (52g) Almond Flour
  • 2 Tbsp (15g) Lupin Flour
  • ½ Scoop (8g) Perfect Keto Salted Caramel Collagen (can use KETOON for a discount if interested)
  • 2 Tbsp Sweet Cream Butter
  • 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
  • Egg Yolk
  • ¼ Cup Brown 'sugar' (I make my own from Erythritol, Mapeline, and Stevia Glycerite)
  • ¼ tsp Pink Salt
  • ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
  • ¼ tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/8 tsp Guar Gum
  • ¼ Cup Lily's Baking Chips (I did use a little less than this, but that was just personal preference. I stopped when the batter seemed good and chipped)

PROCESS 

  1. Begin by preheating your oven to 350 and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In a small bowl, mix your dry ingredients: Almond Flour, Lupin Flour, & Collagen. Set aside.
  3. Cream together Butter, Coconut Oil, and Sweetener. Add in your egg yolk and vanilla. Then add guar gum and baking soda.
  4. Pour your flour mixture into the wet ingredients, mix with a spatula first to ensure it doesn't go everywhere and then mix with a hand mixer until combined. 
  5. Fold in chocolate chips.
  6. For mini cookies (well... more miniature than regular cookies) scoop out about 1 tsp rounds onto your baking sheet. Flatten a bit and shape with your hands. Mine made about 15 mini cookies.
  7. Place in middle rack of your preheated oven for roughly 13 minutes. (You know the drill. All ovens vary so keep an eye on them)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

White Chocolate Bars

Valentines Day Series: Box of Chocolates | White Chocolate Peanut Butter