Ice Cream Base Recipe

Looking for a keto friendly ice cream with ingredients you can pronounce? Yeah, so was I. haha
I know there are some new companies on the scene lately, but as hard as I looked every time I went shopping, I could never find anything aside from Halo Top. That is when I set out to create my own version.

To be fair, this was inspired by a fellow Keto Instagrammer - Low Carb Lex! I took her recipe, put my own spin on it, and here we are. It is super easy to switch up the flavors and mix-ins to make your own unique creations each time. Which we all know is my favorite aspect to any recipe. I rarely make the exact same thing twice.

Anyyyyway, lets just dive right in.

INGREDIENTS
  • ¼ cup Coconut Milk (canned)⁣
  • ½ cup Cashew Milk⁣
  • ¼ cup Water⁣
  • 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 3T Erythritol⁣ (or sweetener of choice)
  • 1 Scoop Collagen 
  • 2 Egg Yolks⁣ (the whites can be used for my Swiss Meringue Buttercream or Marshmallows!)
  • ¼ tsp Guar Gum (should be fine to omit, but I have not yet tried without it)⁣
**I usually add flavoring of some sort, as well as mix-ins. This is the basic recipe.

PROCESS
  1. Add Coconut Milk, Water, Heavy Whipping Cream, Cashew Milk, Erythritol, & flavoring of choice to saucepan on low heat. (Just to warm up slightly. No need to boil)⁣
  2. Crack eggs into a small bowl. Give a light whisk, then add about 2-3T of your cream mixture into the eggs. Whisk together. (To temper, so the eggs don’t cook. I usually do this 1T at a time.)⁣
  3. Add the egg mixture back into the pot with your cream. Whisk together and keep heating over low heat.⁣
  4. Add Collagen to the cream mixture & whisk together again.⁣
  5. Repeat the same tempering process with your guar gum. (Add guar gum to small bowl. Transfer about 3T of cream mix to the bowl, whisk together to form a ‘slurry’ and then add back into the full saucepan of cream. I tend to add back to cream about 1T at a time as well)⁣
  6. Remove ice cream mixture from heat. Allow to cool on counter in saucepan. Transfer to a bowl, then pop into the refrigerator for about 4 hours.⁣
  7. At 4 hour mark, remove the frozen bowl of the ice cream maker from freezer and assemble the maker as your machine instructs.
  8. Turn the machine on, pour your cream mix in.⁣
  9. Once it begins to thicken, add in any mix-ins you desire.
  10. Process until desired consistency is achieved.⁣
  11. Transfer to a freezer safe bowl to fully firm up.⁣ (Or just dig in. It is truly delicious at this stage.)
  12. Scoop, top, enjoy!⁣





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Copycat Attempt)

White Chocolate Bars

Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks