Valentine's Day Series | Chocolate Dipped Raspberry Macadamia Nut Biscotti

I have done a few biscotti variations since I have been keto, and they have all been tweaked versions of this recipe. If you want to try the original - it is totally worth it. She creates such amazing keto treats and I truly never want to steal credit or steer people away from the ones who put in all ht hard work initially.

That being said, I did put my own spin on these so if you are interested in recreating the Raspberry Macadamia Nut version exactly, follow along below!

INGREDIENTS:
  • 130g Almond Flour
  • 50g Lupin Flour
  • 2tsp Baking Powder
  • 2 Large Eggs
  • ¼cup Sweet Cream Butter, Melted
  • ¼tsp Pink Salt
  • 40g Macadamia Nuts
  • 1 tsp Raspberry Emulsion (I use LorAnn Oils. I really do love this brand and all of the baking emulsions)
  • 70g Powdered Erythritol (I buy granular always, then blend up half the bag to make powdered so I have it readily available for recipes down the line)
  • 3 Drops Stevia Glycerite (This may seem pricy, but I bought mine over a year ago and I am still on the same bottle. It is worth it!)  
  • Red Food Coloring (Totally optional, if you are feeling festive)
PROCESS:

  1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set your oven to 325. I also like to line another
    sheet with wax paper and top it with a baking rack (or if you are cheap like me, a rack from your grill that serves the same purpose haha)
  2. In a medium bowl (not the one you plan to mix the full dough in) combine the almond flour, lupin flour, and baking powder. Set aside.
  3. In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine eggs, sweetener, and salt. (I use the paddle attachment for the entire process.)
  4. Mix in the raspberry emulsion and melted butter on low speed until combined.
  5. Add half of the flour mixture into the bowl and mix on low/medium. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with ha spatula to make sure it is all getting combined well.
  6. Add the second half of your flour mixture, and repeat the above process.
  7. Remove the bowl from the stand, toss in your Macadamia Nuts, and fold into the dough/batter.
  8. Turn out the dough on to your parchment lined baking sheet and form it into an oval. Fairly flat - it doesn't rise too much, but this will be the final 'height' of your individual biscotti.
  9. Pop into the oven for 35-45 minutes. My oven took 35 minutes, but we all know ovens vary.
  10. Remove from oven once edges are slightly browning. Drop your oven temp to 250 and allow the biscotti loaf to cool on the counter until it is just 'warm'.
  11. Gently score the loaf into your chosen amount of individual biscotti with a serrated knife (I ended up with 11 pieces, but I wish I would have gone thinner this time around)
  12. Once scored, use a sharp knife to cut straight through where you previously marked. (This is to ensure the nuts get cut straight through and you don't end up with biscotti crumbled everywhere)
  13. Lay all of your biscotti cookies flat onto the baking sheet, and pop into the oven (at 250!) for 15 minutes. Once the timer goes off, flip each biscotti over and place back into the oven for another 15 minutes
  14. Allow to cool before any decorating. They will 'crisp' up as they cool for the traditional snappy biscotti texture. 
  15. Decorate - Devour!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Copycat Attempt)

White Chocolate Bars

Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks