Low Carb Spicy Chili

As I mentioned in my initial Instagram post, I know there are a million chili recipes floating around. I also know I spent hours looking through all of them trying to find the perfect one - only to leave myself confused and indecisive. I decided then to just wing it myself and see how things turned out. Surprisingly, I think I nailed this one on the first try! (My husband went back for thirds already - that is the true test. He isn't one to tip-toe around my little chef feelings) Warning, there is a little kick to this one, but that is how I like my chili so... Hopefully you do too? haha
 Lets just dive right in, shall we?

INGREDIENTS:
  • 1 lb Ground Beef
  • 1 Can Rotel Chipotle (roughly a cup)
  • 1 T Tomato Paste
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
  • 2 tsp Chili Powder
  • 1 tsp Cumin
  • ¼ tsp Pepper
  • 1 tsp Salt
  • ½ tsp Celery Salt
  • 100g Bell Pepper, Chopped (About 1.25 peppers. I used some leftover orange, and a full green)
  • 170g Onion, Chopped (About 1 onion. I used a mixture of sweet onion and yellow onion)
  • 1 cup Beef Broth (I use bouillon cubes. I know, I know...)


PROCESS

  1. Toss ground beef, onions, peppers, and garlic into a pan over medium heat to brown the meat. Once browned, drain the fat.
  2. While meat is browning, add rotel to a medium bowl, and blend up with an immersion blender. (This is to take the place of tomato sauce, but add a little extra flavor as well)
  3. Once meat is browned and fat is drained, return to heat and add remaining ingredients to the pan. Allow to cook over medium low heat (gentle simmer) for 30 minutes. You can taste test along the way to test for seasoning preferences. 
  4. Remove from heat, scoop into bowl, devour!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crunchy Chocolate Chip Cookies (Copycat Attempt)

White Chocolate Bars

Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks